PowerMoniSpot can be calibrated to show consumption in both current (Ampere) and apparent power (Volt-Ampere). The load must be single-phase (one live and one neutral conductor) or balanced across all phases if it is a multiple-phase system.
1. Clamp a PowerMoniSpot on a cable and make sure it is connected to the unit you wish to monitor. In this guide, we're using the unit "aircondition" as an example.
2. Go to recalc.remoni.com.
3. Select "Units" in the menu and choose the unit you want to monitor on the list as seen below. Make sure that the sensor ID matches the PowerMoniSpot's ID. Click on the arrow next to "View" and select “Edit” in the drop-down menu.
4. In the top, select "Data."
5. Choose Level 2 in the drop-down menu.
6. Click on the calculator to enter the calibration constant - remember to choose between current (ampere) and apparent power (volt-ampere) below "Calibrate for..." by clicking on the arrow.
Follow the instruction on the ReCalc platform.
Please note that the sensor needs to be calibrated again if you move it on the cable, or to a new unit.