A Unit is a representation of something in the real world that you want to monitor the resource consumption for, view data for, and potentially receive alarms for, when something is wrong.
Eg. a refrigerator needs sensors to deliver data for its power consumption, the inside temperature and the outside temperature.
To get data from a sensor, you first need to setup up a Unit and attach the sensor to it.
Eg. you were to create a refrigerator unit, you have to assign sensors to its three datastreams: “Electricity”, “Inside temperature”, and “Outside temperature”. Select, or type in the ID of, a PowerMoniSpot for the “Electricity” datastream, where channel 1 is selected by default. Likewise select, or type in the ID of, a HeatMoniSpot for the “Inside temperature”. But in this case, you can use the same HeatMoniSpot sensor for “Outside temperature” as well, by selecting different sensor channels for the two datastreams.
- The UnitType chosen dictates which datastreams are available.
- The highlighted box is an example of a datastream available for the UnitType chosen (Refrigerator).
- As a UnitType sometimes require input from different types of Sensors it is possible to select different Sensor ID for every UnitTypeInput available.
Data from Sensors are saved on the UnitType. When a Sensor is registered to a UnitType a Sensor channel offered by the registered Sensor must be selected. The number of Sensor channels that are available by a Sensor Is determined by the Sensor model.
- PowerMoniMain offer 15 Sensor channels. This means the 15 channels can be allocated to fit the user needs, eg. one PowerMoniMain can measure five three-phased systems or 15 single-phase systems or a mix of both.
- PowerMoniSpot offer 1 Sensor channel (therefore channel 1 is chosen by default)
- HeatMoniSpot offer 3 Sensor channels
Sensor channel 1: Internal 1 probe
Sensor channel 2: External 1 probe 1
Sensor channel 3: External 2 probe 2
For each datastream needed on a UnitType, a Sensor ID can be inserted and a Sensor channel selected from the chosen Sensor.